Terms and conditions of use
This website www.toataxis.co.uk (the “Site”) is provided by TOA Taxis (Radio Systems) Ltd (“TOA Taxis”). Use of the Site is governed by these terms and conditions (together with the documents referred to on it) (“Terms and Conditions of Use”).
Please read them now. By using the Site you indicate that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Site.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
The Site and its contents are for general information only and are provided “as is”. We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Site.
- We make no guarantees that the Site is free from so called computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading it or its contents.
Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by TOA Taxis of the materials on such websites.
TOA Taxis accepts no liability for any claims, penalties, loss or expenses arising from: any reliance placed on the content of the Site; the use or inability to use the Site; the downloading of any materials from the Site; or any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Site. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of TOA Taxis.
The content of the Site (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by TOA Taxis or is otherwise licensed from a third party for use by TOA Taxis.
You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to:
- store the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Site, or any part of the Site, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
- All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
Publishing through the Site
If you wish to publish through the Site, please be aware that other terms and conditions in addition to the Terms and Conditions may apply to such publications.
Uploading material to the Site
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking).
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the provisions set out above or for any other reason whatsoever. In addition, we shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the provisions set out above.
TOA Taxis reserves the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
For all enquiries please contact TOA Taxis' Secretary.email@example.com
Terms of Trading
TOA Taxis Credit Account Terms and Conditions
- (a) This completed form sent to T.O.A. Taxis (Radio System) Ltd is a request from the business/person detailed in section (a) overleaf for the provision of credit account facilities.
- (b) This signed form is permission where applicable for TOA to seek particulars from the Banker's Business references named in section (e) and (f) overleaf.
- (c) T.O.A. Taxis reserves the right at its own discretion and without giving reasons to reject this application and decline to enter into a contract.
- (d) The client shall notify TOA Taxis in writing of ANY change in the particulars shown overleaf. Amendments take effect from the date shown on a confirmation notice issued by TOA Taxis.
- (a) No credit bookings will be accepted by TOA Taxis unless the correctauthority details are quoted by the person ordering the taxi. T.O.A. Taxis are entitled to assume that any person quoting the correct authority details are authorised to make bookings on behalf of the client. The client is solely responsible for safeguarding their authorisation codes and shall be liable for the cost of all bookings by any such person whether or not in fact authorised to do so.
- (b) T.O.A. Taxis may in its absolute discretion without liability and without reasons refuse to accept any booking.
- (c) In the event of cancellation by the client or passengers, the client is liable for all costs incurred from the time when a taxicab is assigned to the booking until cancellation.
- (d) Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for training or quality purposes.
Charges will be made on the basis set below.
- (a) Minimum charge for every hiring.
- (b) Charges per mile are as laid out in the current TOA schedule of charges. Charges are made from the pick-up to drop-off points only unless previously agreed with the client.
- (c) Waiting time is charged at the current rate per hour or part of.
- (d) An administration charge is levied on the total of all other charges as set out in the Schedule of Charges.
- (e) VAT at the current rate will be charged as appropriate.
- (f) The Schedule of Charges for credit hiring shall be fixed and revised from time to time by TOA Taxis. A copy of the current charges is available on application.
(4) Extent of TOA Taxis Liability
- (a) Quoted pick-up of journey times are at best estimates only. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to convey passengers to their destinations in the shortest possible time, T.O.A. Taxis shall have no liability if a journey time or pick-up exceeds an estimate given or the client's expectations. T.O.A. Taxis shall have no liability to the client or passengers in connection with the time at which passengers reach or fail to reach their destination.
- (b) It is the responsibility of the client or passengers to ensure that valuable or unusual items are covered by the appropriate insurance.
- (c) If TOA Taxis cancels a booking it shall have no liability to the client or intended passengers if it has used all reasonable endeavours to fulfil the booking and to notify the client of the cancellation.
(5) Hackney Carriage Office
- TOA Taxis may take any steps and implement any variations to these terms and conditions in order to comply with the equirements of the Hackney Carriage Office or other laws, regulations and codes of practice applicable to the company and its services.
(6) Accounts and Payments
- (a) Accounts are issued monthly (or more frequently by arrangement) to the address and person indicated in section (h) on the application form.
- (b) Settlement is due 30 days from the date of the invoice. Payment may only be made by BACS, cheque or credit card (a 3% surcharge will be applied to credit card payments).
- (c) The client shall pay TOA Taxis any reasonable expenses together with all legal and court costs incurred in the collection of any amount overdue.
- (d) Queries must be notified to TOA Taxis within 14 days of receipt of the account.
- (e) Failure to settle your invoice within 30 days will incur a 5% interest on the balance due.
(7) Termination of Account
- (a) The account is terminable by either party in writing on seven days written notice, at any time without reason being given. It may also be terminated or suspended with immediate effect without notice by TOA Taxis if any invoice is overdue and unpaid.
- (b) Upon termination of the account for whatever reason all sums payable to or chargeable by T.O.A. Taxis shall become due immediately and payable in full.
(8) Alteration to these Terms and Conditions
- TOA Taxis reserves the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions in any respect at its absolute discretion upon notifying the client of the relevant alterations and the date on which the changes take effect.
(9) Applicable Law
- The Law of England applies.
Thank you for visiting the Site.